Bli medlem
Bli medlem

Du är här

2014-03-31

C-RAD AB: GEMini ™ Joint Testing and Validation with TheraView Technology by Cablon Medical B.V.

C-Rad AB
Company Announcement

GEMini ™ Joint Testing and Validation with TheraView Technology by Cablon
Medical B.V.

Press release 2014-03-31

The C-RAD GEMini™ detector system has been especially designed for VMAT
treatments in advanced radiation therapy. The detector will be used both as an
imaging and dosimetry device.

The technical integration work has been proceeding well, and based on
pre-clinical results C-RAD and Cablon Medical B.V. have agreed to move to the
next phase by starting up joint testing and validation activities in
collaboration with a leading radiation therapy center, UMC Utrecht in The
Netherlands.

Once clinical validation has been completed, the GEMini™ system in combination
with the software package from Cablon Medical will be available for
unrestricted clinical use, first within the EU and later also on other markets.
Marketing and sales activities have already been started up and negotiations
are ongoing with a number of potential customers.

A development and mutual distribution agreement was in 2013 signed with the
Dutch company TheraView Technology by Cablon Medical, B.V., giving C-RAD the
rights to distribute TheraView’s well-proven software for Portal Dosimetry and
Imaging together with the GEMini™ detector. Cablon is also able to offer the
GEMini™ detector to its current installed base within the BeNeLux region.

Tim Thurn, CEO, C-RAD AB:

“A project to redesign the GEMini was initiated during 2013, with the aim to
significantly improve both image quality and dosimetric performance. With the
latest test results we conclude that this work is now completed. We are very
pleased to move into a commercial phase together with our partner Cablon
Medical. The cooperation with Paracelsus Medical University in Salzburg will
continue.”

For further information:

Tim Thurn, CEO C-RAD AB, Phone +46-18-666947, E-mail investors@c-rad.com

The above information is price sensitive and must therefore be disclosed under
the Securities Market Act (2077:528).

About C-RAD

C-RAD develops new and innovative solutions for the use in advanced radiation
therapy. The company group of C-RAD offers products and solutions for patient
positioning, tumor localization and radiation treatment systems. End users are
radiation therapy clinics worldwide. All product development is conducted in
three fully owned subsidiaries; C-RAD Positioning AB, C-RAD Imaging AB and
C-RAD Innovation AB. C-RAD Imaging AB is located in Östersund while the other
companies are located in Uppsala. Numbers of employees are currently 28 people.
The activities in C-RAD AB originate from research and development at the
Karolinska Institutet in Solna. Sales of the company’s first product, the C-RAD
SentinelTM, started in 2007. Cooperation agreements have been signed with the
Swedish company Elekta, the US company Varian and the Belgian company IBA.
C-RAD is represented by distributors specialized in radiation therapy on major
markets. C-RAD has founded three companies for direct sales, C-RAD Incorporated
in the US, C-RAD GmbH in Germany and C-RAD WOFE in China. C-RAD has invested in
29 % of the laser company Cyrpa and with an option to acquire the remaining 71
%. C-RAD AB is since March 2010 listed at Nasdaq Omx First North Premier. Erik
Penser Bankaktiebolag is appointed as C-RAD’s Certified Adviser.

For more information on C-RAD, please visit www.c-rad.com.

Författare SSE

Tala om vad ni tycker

Tala om vad ni tycker

Ni är just nu inne på en betaversion av nya aktiespararna. Lämna gärna feedback på vad ni tycker i formuläret nedan.